We collect personal information from you, including your:
- contact information
- written or verbal interactions with us
- billing or purchase information
- residential or shipping addresses
- phone number
- birth date
- details of products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about
We collect your personal information in order to:
- allow us to perform our business activities and provide you with the best possible customer service.
- contact you with newsletters, marketing or other promotional materials and invite you to participate in surveys
- complete payment transactions and provide payment related services
- enforce our contractual rights
- comply with our financial regulatory and other legal obligations and the requirements of the payment methods that we use
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to enter personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the product or services you have requested, either to the same standard or at all. We may also not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions.
In addition to this like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, plug ins, add ons, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, the pages that led or referred you to our website and other statistics. By measuring how you interact with our website in this way, we may provide targeted marketing to you, based on your viewing activity of our website, whether directly or through online advertisement networks such as those operated by Google or Facebook. Where required by law we will obtain your consent prior to processing any of your personal information for the purposes of internet based advertising.
We may also receive personal information about you from external sources such as financial service providers, publicly available sources and identity verification services to confirm your identity and prevent fraud when we conduct fraud monitoring, prevention and detection activities.
Besides relevant staff of staff in the course of their normal duties, we share this information with:
- third party agents or contractors (such as shipping providers or customer relationship management operators or payment providers) with whom we contract in the ordinary course of business
- upon lawful request from law enforcement agencies , public or government authorities, courts or regulatory agencies
We will only share your personal information with trusted entities
In all circumstances we will take all steps reasonable to ensure that:
- our use of your personal information is compliant with all applicable New Zealand legislation; and
- where your personal information is disclosed to third parties they only use your personal information to the extent necessary to perform their function and that their use of your personal information is compliant with all applicable New Zealand legislation.
However, we are not in any way responsible for the privacy policies of any third parties or the way in which they hold or use personal information.
Debit or credit card payment security
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information provided is kept securely and comply with all applicable New Zealand law in this regard including having in place various organisational, technical and administrative measures and systems which are designed to protect your personal information. These measure and systems aim to protect your personal information held by us against unauthorised access, destruction, loss, alteration or misuse. Whilst we take every reasonable precaution to protect your information you should contact us immediately on email@example.com you have reason to believe that any of your personal information held by us is no longer secure or has been compromised in any way.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be updated or corrected if you think it is wrong. Following your request we will consider if the information requires amendment. If we disagree, acting reasonably, that there are grounds for amendment, we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where the use of your personal information is based on consent you have previously given, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by notifying us at email@example.com.
If there has been a breach, we will endeavour to determine the nature of the breach and how it occurred. In order to conduct the investigation it may be necessary to contact you to obtain further information or clarification.
If a breach has been found we will review our processes and policies so as to prevent similar future breaches occurring.